Sunday, April 19, 2020

A Pearl to Celebrate A Pearl Anniversary


What a moment to have an anniversary but some light needs to shine bright in even these crazy times.

So let's celebrate the thirty years since Annie Sloan released Chalk Paint™ on a market that didn't even know it needed it at the time! But these days we can't imagine a life without it! What a fabulous gift to the decorative paint market.

Hand on heart - I have always only used Annie's paints to do my work because there was no way I could get what I want from anything else as easily as I do and without risk to my well being!


Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!

Annie has chosen to mark this date with the release of her Pearlescent Glaze. a wickedly fun and versatile addition to her stable of colours.

So let's see what we can do with our new toy.



Work on a very stylish piece using Pearlescent Glaze
Images thanks to Annie Sloan

Pearlescent Glaze gives your work a gorgeous lustrous finish. Experiment with the colours you have in your stash to discover how it influences the finish. It does work best painted over lighter colours such as Old White as the lovely lustre seems so much stronger than on the darker colours. You can apply it over a coat of lacquer to protect your detail work  too.

A blob of Pearlescent Glaze to be going on with!

But .................

Try adding the glaze to a spot of Chalk Paint™ and watch what happens! It makes a wonderful oyster shell like lustre that gently shimmer as it catches the light. And suddenly you have an infinite colour range too! 

Once your project is finished, a coat of lacquer over the top will ensure it is nicely protected from wear and tear.

Here's a little video of what the fuss is all about!






I am still unable to supply my gorgeous customers as we have chosen to follow the Government guidlines and shut our shop door so I am really sorry for that. But you can always get what you need from ANNIE SLOAN in the meantime. But I will be back as soon as I can

Happy painting and hope you are enjoying this lovely sunny Sunday!

x Jane






No comments:

Post a Comment