Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Cheery News Launching April 2nd

Today I can blog about something fun in these difficult times. A bit of bling on our grey days.

Some might say bad timing but I say bring it on so we can all have something fun to do to pass the time away.
Introducing Annie Sloan's latest edition to her colour stable........................

PEARLESCENT GLAZE


I, for one, am longing to get my hands on it but I have to wait for my delivery. Yes, even stockists have to learn patience! It's big day is Thursday, just two sleeps away.

In the meantime, I can show you two cool ideas of what you can do with this magic emulsion.

So
Take 4 empty wine bottles ( guess what had to happen to get those!) a brush, some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ some Annie Sloan Pearlescent Glaze™ and a spot of Annie Sloan Clear Lacquer™  - that's all you need to make these cool candlesticks!

Method
Paint the entire outside of your wine bottle with the colour of your choice. Once dry, cover with a coat of Pearlescent Glaze and enjoy what happens when you play the light on it.
For an even cooler effect you can experiment with different colour base coats and even adding a tad of Chalk Paint to the Pearlescent Glaze to give it an intense lustre.
So many luscious colour effects  that make a playful addition to these long  days - see how cute.



On a more serious note - Technical bla bla

Available in tins of 250ml. Each tin will cover approximately 6m², coverage is 24m² per litre depending on surface and application.


For detailed work apply Chalk Paint® Lacquer over Chalk Paint® before applying Pearlescent Glaze. This ensures that the entire piece of furniture is protected. Alternatively, use Chalk Paint® Wax after applying Pearlescent Glaze details, but please note this will dull the opalescence of finish.
Drying time is approximately 2 hours depending on conditions. Pearlescent Glaze is not suitable for outdoor use.

Let me share this gorgeous chest of drawers that has been painted with Pearlescent Glaze over Chalk Paint to imitate a beautiful inlay finish. Don't you just love it?




This wonderful piece was designed and created by Dominique Malarcarne - congratulations it's super


For more info and how to apply the glaze go to Annie's website and you will find a whole fact sheet to get you going.

So that was the good news . The bad news is that you have to wait til Thursday that's April 2nd to place your order! but here is the link to do so 
I am so sorry you can't pop into Sheldon Paint and chat with me about this exciting new toy, but we have had to close the shop temporarily as you know :(   So no more sales from me for the time being. I wish I could be there so we could play with it together but hey ho self isolation means we are all at our own kitchen tables working away in solitary confinement.

Do let me know what you are up to on the painting front. I am still active on our Facebook and Instagram page so keep in touch.




No comments:

Post a Comment